NEW & RETURNING
FACULTY OF COLOR
Wednesday, September 14th, 2022, 3:30-5:00 P.M.
Room 158, Midway Campus
You are invited to a reception for new and returning faculty of color to celebrate the new academic year.
- Meet new faculty.
- Enjoy a fellowship with friends, colleagues from nine colleges & school and guests.
- Celebrate colleagues’ professional accomplishments.
- Learn about mentoring services that Faculty of Color Mentorship Program offers including upcoming major events and trainings in fall semester
The event is hosted byFaculty of Color Mentorship Program (FOCMP), Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
*Food & beverages will be served.
Please RSVP to Gao Yee Yang at Gaoyee.Yang@metrostate.edu by Wednesday, September 7, 2022.
P. S. Please find the MCFOCMP grant application form attached here. The deadline is September 30, 2022.
For any questions, please contact Nantawan Lewis, FOCMP Coordinator, at email@example.com.
Best Practices in Mentoring FOC Workshop,
September 28, 2:00-4:00 P.M.,
Student Center, Room 101, Saint Paul Campus.
All mentors and mentees are especially encouraged to attend the event when we will share our mentoring experiences, learn about successful practices and some challenges. Other colleagues who are interested in this service and would like to be part of the program are also welcome to attend.
- Learn from mentors and mentees about best practices in mentoring faculty of color
- Explore ways to provide the best mentorships
- Discern specific mentoring needs and strategic ways to respond to them
- Enjoy a fellowship with friends and colleagues from nine colleges & schools as we build a unique and promising mentoring community in the Minnesota State University and Colleges.
The event is hosted by theFaculty of Color Mentorship Program (FOCMP), Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs
*Food & beverages will be served. Please RSVP to Nantawan Lewis at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, September 26, 2022, at the latest. For any questions, please contact Nantawan Lewis, FOCMP Coordinator, at Nantawan.email@example.com.
We will also present mentors with Certificate of Appreciation as a recognition of their contribution to probationary faculty’s professional development and their journeys to attain promotion/tenure and academic career goals.
Please find flyer attached here:
Critical Aspects of Faculty of Color’s Promotion and Tenure Application,
October 28, 2:00-4:00 P.M., location: TBD.
This year we will focus on dos and don’ts in the application process with case studies and evidence-based recommendations.
Teaching Excellence Workshop,
a joint session with partner campuses in Multi-campus Faculty of Color Mentorship Program (MCFCMP), date and location are TBD.
The session is sponsored by MCFCMP grant. Distinguished presenter will facilitate the session. Individual campuses will be given opportunity to have their own group discussion to address issues relevant to their institutional contexts.